Electrical Engineer- Manufacturing
£40-50,000 plus bonus & benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join an international company who specialise in the design, development and installation of manufacturing / production lines and in particular optimising plant layouts, work flows and modules within the facilities. The company's key markets are customers within FMCG and other process engineering / fast paced manufacturing environments.
This is a great time to join an international company who are launching their new European division, so the scope for progression and autonomy around your work is excellent.
For you as the Electrical Engineer, it will be an exciting and varied position working with numerous customers, working end to end on differing customer projects that cover: improving existing production lines; introducing new production lines and expanding sites; or even being part of teams that commission brand new sites from scratch.
As Electrical Engineer you will work on projects from start to finish:
- Working with electrical design engineers to review their designs
- Looking at feasibility of designs and working on development and testing off site,
- Moving through to instrumentation, installation, modifying on site and commissioning.
- Thereafter, servicing the machinery, systems and ancillaries on a planned basis.
Electrical Engineer responsibilities:
- The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for development, testing and installation of electrical components, equipment and systems which will include the power / control systems, applying the principles and techniques of electrical engineering.
- As an Electrical Engineer you will Design and direct personnel in fabrication of control apparatus and equipment, and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products such as generators, transformers, control devices, motors, conveyor belts, and relays.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for industrial uses, including motors and conveyance systems; directing activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operation conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Track project schedules, project budgets, responsibilities of work, total team change updates, participate in team project meetings, and coordinate with contractors.
- The Electrical Engineer will be based from the company’s headquarters in Northampton, however a lot of the work will be very customer facing, working on client manufacturing sites and there will be circa 50% travel.
Electrical Engineer- experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 3 years plus, of experience in electrical engineering is required.
- AutoCAD and drafting experience beyond a basic level is preferred.
- Experience in developing technical drawings for fabrication of wire way systems is preferred.
- Previous work with the selection and specification of switch gear, motor control centers, large generators, medium to high voltage transformers, water systems, support equipment and/or HVAC equipment is ideal.
- Again, you will ideally have experience in process knowledge of P&ID’s is strongly preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company, who have exciting growth plans for their European division where your career can accelerate quickly.
If you are interested in this Electrical Engineer position or other similar opportunities, please send your CV and contact James Powell of TXM Recruit.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.