£65000 per annum
17 days ago
As a Depot Manager, you will be on a salary of up to £65000 and work 40 hours a week and will be expected to cover any weekend call outs.
Our client is looking for a Depot Manager who has previous experience of running and controlling a depot within the rail sector.
Responsibilities of a Depot Manager include:
· Responsible for ensuring company policy and standards that apply to the inspection, maintenance, and repair of equipment or vehicles under the responsibility of the rolling stock maintenance function are carried out with a high level of management control. The post holder is required to ensure that inspections and maintenance work are carried out on a planned basis for all Rolling Stock equipment and repairs are carried out with minimum disruption to company business. The post holder should ensure that the needs of the maintenance business are communicated and acted upon by operational staff to ensure maintenance is adequately achieved.
· Responsible for ensuring group and company safety procedures, controls, audits, and associated documents are correctly enforced and maintained. Support audit teams and personally ensure that the daily management of the required standards to ensure workmanship, physical condition of equipment, and safety / environmental procedures meet both company and legislation requirements.
Job Requirements of a Depot Manager:
· Direct and control the management of the inspection, maintenance, and repair activity of Freightliner Rolling Stock at Merehead and Whatley to ensure that the business requirements of the engineering department are delivered.
· Ensure that engineering standards, railway group standards, company standards and legislation is understood and implemented by the engineering production function.
· Manage sub-ordinate staff and industrial relations in the maintenance location to ensure that all engineering staff conduct their duties in a manner to ensure safety and engineering integrity.
Experience for a Depot manager would be:
· Desirable at least 10 years broadly based experience of Rolling Stock
· At least 5 years’ experience in supervising or man-management and the ability to make sound engineering decisions
· Engineering qualification, preferably to HND standard in electrical or mechanical engineering
· Personal Track Safety Certificate
· Supervisory and Leadership Training
If you are a Depot Manager and hold the above skills and experience and looking for your next opportunity, click to apply.