TXM are recruiting a Cost and Change Engineer. This will be situated in the heart of Buckingham, working for a highly successful, Global automotive supplying company.
You will be reporting to the Business Development Director estimating a wide range of components, assembly and tooling costs, completing internal & external QAF’s. Also supporting Project Managers, Purchasing, and the Commercial & Sales Team.
- Costing estimates for development and design process.
- Advising cost effective solutions and injection moulding methods
- Collating proposals, specifications and related documents for Project Managers, Design and Purchasing etc. To convert the specifications to cost estimates for new products.
- Utilise costing methods, tools, and appropriate software models/packages to prepare and maintain reliable accurate data for management reviews.
- Establish cost estimates of proposed production processes and tooling costs and review alternatives or put forward recommendations for improvement.
- Assessing cost effectiveness of quotations and managing actual costs relative to budget.
- Making sure costs are in line with forecasts during the project milestones.
- Provide cost estimates during change process and advise cost impact of changes.
- Prepare and submit internal and customer QAF’s and liaise with customers on VFM issues.
- Series Production
- Engineering Change control for Production projects
- General - Support Projects and Series Production Activities
What you'll need?
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, ONC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification.
- Experience of cost estimating, ideally in an automotive, manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Good IT systems knowledge and skills including Excel and Access
- Experienced in the use of spreadsheets, estimating pricing models and cost management tools.
What is in it for you!
- Excellent starting salary based on experience.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Modern and pleasant working environment.
- Exposure to high profile projects on behalf of some of the world's largest automotive manufacturers.
If you are interested, please contact Sinead Watson at TXM Recruit
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you