Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
CAD Technician Job description
We are partnering with a UK Market Leader in Food Waste Management solutions for recycling to search for a CAD Technician who will join on a fixed term contract. This is a time of growth and investment for the business and will therefore provide the realistic opportunity to go permanent at the end of the contract.
As CAD Technician you will be part of a team who design technical drawings for the production of plant layouts and mechanical and electrical components within for instance focusing on the design and arrangements for equipment layouts, pipework routing and elevations.
In the early stages of the role there will be a particular emphasis on visiting sites to update technical drawings and ensure they are an accurate reflection of the site, before moving on to drawings of project improvement proposals.
CAD Technician Responsibilities
- To provide drawing plans from initial proposal briefing using CAD design tools ensuring maximum use of space.
- Generate design documents working from sketches, marked-up drawings,
- To produce standard plan drawings of the existing sites and existing arrangements.
- To design/draw plans from Engineering Line Drawings (ELD)
- To keep an accurate document register and archive CAD drawings as required.
CAD Technician Experience required
- To be experienced in good engineering practice with mechanical design using AutoCAD software. Knowledge of engineering an advantage, but not essential.
- Proven experience in CAD design of plant
This is the opportunity to work with a growing business with a strong presence in the UK, whilst working on design projects of cutting edge technology.
If you have the necessary experience for this CAD Technician Design role please send your CV to James Powell of TXM Recruit as soon as possible.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.