£55000 per annum
about 2 months ago
As an Assistant Engineering Manager, you will be on a salary of up to £55000 per annum, working day shift Monday to Friday, standard hours 07:00 – 15:00.
As an Assistant Engineering Manager, the role is to support the Engineering Manager to deliver the depart objectives and KPI’s that have been set for the department in line with the standards expected. The role is also to deputies for the Engineering Manger when required.
As an Assistant Engineering Manager your role will include various tasks such as:
- Responsible to the Engineering Manager for achievement of ongoing engineering targets, and standards.
- To deputise for the Engineering Manager in his absence for engineering related items.
- To advise the Engineering Manager on engineering, property, health and safety and technical matters.
- To sustain agreed standards of maintenance, to enable operational objectives to be achieved and to ensure that this level of maintenance is achieved within budget provisions.
- To exercise quality control on all vehicles, including new vehicles received and to communicate difficulties experienced to the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure adequate administrative systems to provide a satisfactory basis on which planned maintenance achievements can be measured and appropriate remedial action taken when necessary.
- To ensure appropriate health and safety at work procedures are adopted and maintained within the Company, in the Company’s premises and when staff are working in other areas. To ensure that contractors staff working on Company premises adhere to the Company’s safety procedures.
Competencies Required for an Assistant Engineering Manager:
- City and Guilds, Level 3 / NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of mechanical engineering and vehicle maintenance procedures for PCV’s, although HGV will be considered.
- Strong awareness and understanding of risk assessment, Health and Safety practices, DVSA & Department of Transport standards.
- Knowledge of manual handling regulations.
- Knowledge of automotive electrics.
- Previous experience of managing staff
- Previous experience of working in the transport industry
If you are looking for your next exciting opportunity, contact me now to discuss further.