£20 per hour, Benefits: Remote working
about 1 month ago
The role of the Workforce Planner is to develop and monitor the client’s business strategy to make sure it employs enough workers with the right skills at the right time. They will ensure that resources are managed efficiently and effectively, to optimise use of resources to achieve performance targets (Contact Management) and minimise overtime spend.
- Provide leadership to a team of Intraday Analysts and Planning specialists who provide scheduling, real time management and planning; manage performance through use of the PDR system to ensure staff are developed and motivated in line with both organisational and personal objectives. Ensure welfare and H&S needs of staff are met
- Manage and advise on requests for resource management information to ensure effective decisions around changes to business process. Identify and investigate variance from schedules that had a negative impact on budget and or performance to ensure tight control and efficient use of resources.
- Manage long term and short notice abstractions to maintain resilience levels, continually revising schedules to ensure demand is met, whilst complying with working time regulations, health & safety legislation, Force policy, police regulations, terms & conditions, and diversity policy.
- Day to day management of operations and maintenance performance. Providing technical support and leadership to the Operations and Maintenance department within their control.
- Present figures of the previous day’s maintenance within the morning visualisation meetings.
- Planning and management of plant outages, major overhauls, preventative maintenance schedules and routine maintenance activities.
- Oversee and coordinate their teams who maintain and repair all working tasks within the portfolio.
- Will be responsible for evaluating problematic systems or facilities and determining what installation or repair services need to be performed.
- Ensure engineering times are correct and logged to the designated PDA system, making sure that all labour allocations and materials are captured in the correct manor.
- Manage the supervisors in charge of operations and maintenance teams, planning shift rotas and cover, staff training and development.
- Ensure all contractual KPI’s & SLAs are met across all HVAC working streams.
- Provide estimates and supervising small minor works on request.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional qualification in resource planning (or willingness to work towards and achieve within 12 months) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing workforce planning for 150+ employees.
- Excellent IT skills (ability to use word and excel to intermediate level) with proven ability to understand complex, bespoke technology and produce / understand management information.
- Knowledge or proven experience of forecasting in a contact centre environment
- Experience of working with Workforce Management software and/ or resource planning function
- Knowledge of legislation relating to shift work, working time regulations, terms and conditions of service and Health & Safety. In addition, knowledge and understanding of police work/regulations/policies/organisational structure
- Previous facilities management or rail experience is desirable.