Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 months ago
Are you a Wheel Lathe Operative looking for a new opportunity? We have a rapidly growing engineering client in Doncaster Looking for someone to join their team on a permanent basis.
As an Wheel Lathe Operative will be working on a varied shift pattern including night shifts and will be offered a fantastic salary of £29,250 plus other company benefits. Experience of working with wheel lathe machinery or CNC machinery.
As a Wheel Lathe Operative your principle purpose will be to operate a Wheel Lathe to re-profile Rail Wheelsets either on Rail Vehicles or Loose Axles. To carry out Post Tyre Turning work on vehicles following tyre turning
As a Wheel Lathe Operative your role will include various tasks such as:
- Organise self and workspace to ensure efficient work operations.
- Prioritise workload to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure accurate and efficient operation of the Wheel Lathe.
- Ensure high quality finish of work carried out on the Lathe.
- Participate in process checks / audits in line with Company quality management standards and processes.
- Previous experience of CNC Machinery
- An Engineering qualification – B-TEC, NVQ, ONC, Engineering Apprenticeship or comparable
- A positive approach to Health and Safety, Environment and Risk Management.
- Competent with basic IT systems.
If you are a Wheel Lathe Operative and looking for your next exciting opportunity contact me now to discuss further.