£27000 per annum
22 days ago
As a Welder you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a fantastic salary of £30,375 plus other company benefits. You will be welding in various positions and coding’s and experience in positional welding is essential.
As a Welder you will lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements, whilst always carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the company HSQE Policy. Also, to fabricate locomotive chassis working from multi-layer drawings.
These roles are open to individuals from an engineering background.
As a Welder your role will include various tasks such as:
· To ensure that our customer’s locomotives are maintained to current legal, national, industry and company standards within the company’s contractual responsibilities.
· To ensure that our customers locomotives are delivered on time and to budget following repair and maintenance.
· Primarily focused on Longport activity, however, supporting all international business as requested.
· Maintain technical competence and attend any training courses required to maintain and improve technical standards and actively contribute to staff training.
· Level 2 or 3 Welding qualification and/or Apprenticeship.
· Ability to work within a technical or specialist area of expertise to continuously improve quality ·
· Seeks direction and authority from others when and if appropriate and achieve set goals in a non-assertive and efficient manner.
· Perfectionist with a need to get things right
If you are a Welder and looking for your next exciting opportunity, contact me now to discuss further.