£27694 per annum
3 months ago
Welding and fabrication of car bodies and sub-assemblies. To include:
- Carrying out welding activities in accordance with WPS and SOP’s.
- Working with limited supervision, making decisions based on analysis of work and applying welding skills.
- Preparation of weld surfaces in readiness for welding
- Ensure that work is only carried out in accordance with coding / qualification to the correct specification
- Carrying out weld repairs – Full accountability for weld quality and ensuring self-checks are made to ensure work meets standard.
- Address any deformations as a result of the welding process. Restore the structure of the car body to the correct geometry or within the defined tolerance values, in compliance with the technical documentation and company procedures.
- Compliance with the technical documentation, the PFC and the company procedures that regulate the calibration / correction process
- Use of the relevant calibration / correction techniques (cold calibration; hot calibration: oxyacetylene / induction)
- Carry out pre and post weld inspections - inspects own pre/post weld work and has the responsibility to correct to the required standard. Problems encountered may not be routine /defined and need analysis to understand correct course of action.
- Full completion of and accountability for all weld records.
- Reporting of any incidents or damages to the Section Leader and taking the lead on problem solving and improvement activities which may include linking with engineering and quality department colleagues.
- Contribute to building a culture of sharing best practice across the welding team and wider car body function. Support all activity related to training others including design and delivery of training. Share knowledge and experience with others in the team. Assist others with building their skills and experience, including delivering training to e.g. people in other roles, less experienced or new colleagues.
- Correct control of weld equipment and associated consumables
- Adhere to and actively promote correct Health, Safety & Environment procedures.
- Set and maintain the highest standards of housekeeping in the area at all times.
- Full knowledge and compliance of area Risk Assessment
- Monitor, control and minimise waste.
- Ensure correct extraction is used and execute corrective actions using appropriate company procedures across the area.
- Support and complete tasks in the assembly area when required
- Leading and monitoring own progress against the role competency / training matrix and feeding back on status to the Section Leader at various intervals.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, creating a positive working environment within the team
- Continually promote and support the company culture within the team.