Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
6 months ago
If you are an experienced Welder this is an ideal opportunity to get into the rail industry working for a rapidly expanding Rail company based in Longport, Stoke on Trent. They are currently seeking skilled welders on a permanent basis as the company continues to expand and grow within the industry.
As a Welder you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a fantastic salary of £25,800 plus other company benefits. You will be welding in various positions and coding’s and experience in positional welding is essential.
As a Welder you will lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements, whilst always carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the company HSQE Policy. Also, to fabricate locomotive chassis working from multi-layer drawings.
These roles are open to individuals from an ex-military, REME, engineering and manufacturing background looking to start a career within the rail industry.
As a Welder your role will include various tasks such as:
- To ensure that our customer’s locomotives are maintained to current legal, national, industry and company standards within the company’s contractual responsibilities.
- To ensure that our customers locomotives are delivered on time and to budget following repair and maintenance.
- Primarily focused on Longport activity, however, supporting all international business as requested.
- Maintain technical competence and attend any training courses required to maintain and improve technical standards and actively contribute to staff training.
- Level 2 or 3 Welding qualification and/or Apprenticeship.
- Abrasive Wheels Qualification (Desirable not essential)
- Ability to work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve quality ·
- Seeks direction and authority from others when and if appropriate and achieve set goals in a non-assertive and efficient manner.
- Perfectionist with a need to get things right
If you are a Welder and looking for your next exciting opportunity contact me now to discuss further.