£32000 per annum
7 days ago
Main Purpose of the Role
The warehouse team leader is responsible for motivating and encouraging the stores team they are responsible for and progressing work effectively in order to achieve the overall business targets and customer requirements.
Position in Organisation
Responsible for a team of approximately 5 employees, consisting of warehouse and stores operatives.
The role reports into the Materials, Planning and Logistics Manager.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
Planning and Delivery to KPI’s: 40%
- Working with the MPL Manager and Production Planning team, contribute to the load and capacity planning process and balance resources and coordinate teams’ activities to meet targets.
- Communicate with operatives on a daily basis, via the Production Meeting and Comms Cells, to co-ordinate the scheduling of work whilst ensuring that performance against KPI’s is monitored and maintained.
- Escalate to the MPL Manager any problems that may affect achievement of KPI’s (e.g., delivery, cost, productivity, quality) and implement corrective actions.
- Contribute to the future planning and development of the manufacturing facility to help realise business growth plans.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Processes and the Quality Management System by coaching and reinforcement of the importance of delivering a quality product at all times.
- Cover in the absence of the Production Manager as necessary
- Ensure health and safety of operatives is maintained at all times and that the working practices of the team comply with the Company disciplines and mandatory requirements of HS&E policies.
- Support performance management at individual and team level, conducting performance appraisals (MRIB’s) for team members, conducting one to one discussions between MRIB’s to promote Employee Engagement and Improvement and deploying capability process and 1st level discipline where deemed appropriate.
- Approving and managing direct reports annual leave entitlements, personal leave, pass-outs to meet with employee, customer and business needs.
- Pro-actively manage attendance issues within the department, conducting return to work discussions.
- Support with recruitment process and conducting regular probationary period reviews at appropriate intervals
- Conduct formal disciplinary and grievance investigations / hearings as required
- Working with the Production Manager develop and implement departmental and individual training plans in line with business needs, succession planning and individuals career progression
- Build effective working relationships with the team and with other key stakeholders based on mutual trust and respect that ensure resolution of problems locally
- Achieve Level 4 on all UW Core Tools and lead Systems Thinking across the business.
Production Management: 20%
- Raise and manage shopfloor concessions as required
- Support the transfer to SAP manufacturing system specifying “Likes and Musts” required for a Works Order driven manufacturing department.
- Actively drive the department forward in terms of Operational Excellence and 5 System integration.
- Actively pursue a digital data caption and WIP tracking system to generate real time KPI’s.
Continuous Improvement: 5%
- Actively lead and encourage the team to use the Unipart Way tools and techniques and develop a culture of continuous improvement to effectively deliver improvements to increase productivity, reduce costs and eliminate waste.
Health & Safety: 10%
- Work in a safe manner, taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of yourself and other people at work, following appropriate Health & Safety guidance, training and company rules and procedures as appropriate.
- Report any accidents, hazards or dangerous / unsafe behaviour to your line manager immediately.
- Ensure the Health & Safety of your team is maintained at all times and that the working practices of the team comply with the Company disciplines and mandatory requirements of HS&E policies
- Competitive salary
- Pension and death in service provisions for employees in pension scheme
- 25 Days Hols (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
- Employee offers and discounts from various retailers
- Cycle to work scheme, recognition events and rewards
- Free car parking
If you feel you would be well suited in this position, please click apply and send your CV to Nathan.Newstead@txmrecruit.co.uk and i will be in touch.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection or application process due to disability or a long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.