East London, United Kingdom
8 months ago
TXM Recruit are currently working with a leading FOC to recruit a number of drivers across the UK. Our client is one of the largest rail freight operator in the United Kingdom and is one of the fastest growing companies in the railway sector and transports goods for a wide range of customers.
Train Drivers are critical to our client’s business and are empowered to take responsibility for the delivery of the key activities on the front line, this encapsulates the need to always be conscious of, and operate with, the highest regard to safety.
We are seeking a highly professional, motivated and safety conscious individual who leads by example and exhibits the core values of our client.
As a Train Driver, you will join our clients’ team and support our client in their commitment to deliver a safe, reliable and best in class service to our customers. In this role you will liaise with Rail Operators, Signallers and Contractors to ensure customer requirements are met and trains arrive on time.
A flexible attitude to working hours is required due to this being a shift-based role working a nominal 35 hour week.
- Freight Train Driving Experience.
- Candidates must have a clean safety record and must hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Extensive route and traction knowledge within the location and surrounding area would be desirable.
- Proficient with IT packages such as Word, Outlook and ability to download applications on iPads.
- Safety conscious and calm attitude in the event of an emergency situation.
- Excellent concentration and observational skills.
- Clear and professional communication skills to relay important safety messages.
- Customer-focused with excellent problem solving skills.
- Train managers must reside within 60 minutes of their place of work
If you live within 60 miles of Derbyshire, London and Hampshire have previous Freight Train Driving experience, hold a valid EU Train Driving Licence and a clean safety record please send your CV to email@example.com or call 07505812377