Salary Negotiable DOE
28 days ago
Salary Negotiable DOE
In this permanent role the Train Maintenance Centre (TMC) Manager will lead a team of Production Managers, Team Leaders, Engineers and Technicians to deliver the fleet on a daily basis for our applicable train operators which includes full responsibility for fleet availability and safety.
- Provide visible safety leadership within the TMC in order to achieve industry leading safety performance.
- Lead and directly oversee all aspects of TMC operations to ensure the daily delivery of a safe and reliable fleet that enhances the customer experience.
- Deliver operational outputs, ensuring financial targets and contractual obligations are consistently achieved and, where they fall short, take appropriate remedial action to drive improvement.
- Responsible for budgets and annual operating costs, including achievement of Under / Over Absorption (UOA) and headcount targets set out in OS&M; business plan.
- Lead the TMC management reviews, identifying and rectifying any non-compliance and deviation from plan and budget.
- Challenge the existing culture, current processes and procedures to increase asset utilisation and resilience.
- Lead, manage and develop staff, providing appropriate coaching and mentoring as required.
- Ensure all aspects of train maintenance including planned exams, defects, investigations, modifications, train presentation and cleaning are delivered to exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure available, reliable and safe units are provided in line with customer dispatch requirements.
- Optimisation of TMC operations and associated maintenance costs.
- Manage all staff rotas, leave, absence and training to ensure Minimum Shift Levels (MSL) are in place at all times.
- Provide technical management and assurance of 3rd party suppliers and contractors.
- Ensure all train presentation standards are met and KPI checks under the Train Services Agreement (TSA) are carried out and recorded.
- Ensure Lean tools and techniques are applied and industry best practice is implemented.
- Oversee compliance with the Vehicle Maintenance Schedule (VMS); Vehicle Maintenance Instructions (VMI) and Vehicle Maintenance Procedures (VMP).
- Maintaining with engineering and quality standards, industry regulations and contractual obligations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A natural senior leader with recognised ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills.
- Extensive previous experience of maintenance production planning and execution.
- Strong customer focus and ability to build partnerships.
- Sound knowledge of railway operations, rules, regulations, and previous experience of rolling stock maintenance.
- Experience of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) SAP, Maximo or Equinox.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively and apply judgement and experience to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Employ a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset.
- Ability to collate, analyse and disseminate information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills : must have ability to deliver confident and persuasive briefs up to executive level.
- Excellent leadership and ability to influence diverse teams.
- Ability to act with a significant level of autonomy.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Capable of operating in fast paced, high urgency environments for long periods of time
- Formal qualifications in mechanical / electrical engineering (degree level) or evidence of working experience equivalent to this level and 5 years of production management experience.
- Safety management qualifications.
- Leadership & management qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Professional registration (or working towards) of engineering institution or Institution of Railway Operators is desirable.