about 1 month ago
This role within this world renowned manufacturing facility, would be responsible for all aspects of performance solutions, such as liaising with purchasing and tooling suppliers, organising replacements and working with production engineering and design.
- Monitor tool & consumable usage to maintain optimum stock levels for production.
- Liaise with purchasing & tooling suppliers to reduce tooling costs and obtain alternative options.
- Working with production engineering, & design and offer performance solutions to tooling issues.
- Organise replacement and regrind of Tooling & monitor cost savings.
- Support shop floor personnel with problem solving.
- Promote a culture of process improvement across the team.
- Raise Purchase requisitions for Tools & Consumables
- Maintain tooling cost & spend records against budgets.
- To assemble Tools for Shop Floor Machine Tools as per job pack
- Measure Tool Assemblies accurately & update any changes required.
- Embed 5S working practices.
Skill and Experience
- In depth knowledge of Machine tooling, Backends & cutting technology
- Ability to make judgements on tool wear & appropriate regrind levels.
- Knowledge of tool assy & measuring equipment such as Zoller.
- Be able to carry out tool geometry inspection.
- Basic numerical and computer skills, including previous use of SAP.
- Change oriented and able to react quickly to any tool shortages.
- Automotive or Aerospace engineering experience/background.
- Keisan, 5s, 6 Sigma and SMED.