£20 - £24 per hour
26 days ago
Pay: £20 - £24 hourly doing 40 hours a week
Qualification: Coded / apprenticeship / NDT
• Carry out required welding using a mixture of TIG and MIG welding techniques
• Be able to efficiently complete a number of non-welding activities (eg forming, grinding,
operate overhead cranes, Port pulling & waterjet)
• Interact with support functions and/or other departments.
• Be flexible and willing to learn new process and products in line with business needs
• Engage in continued improvement ideas
• Experience in a manufacturing industry
• Experience with TIG
• Experience with a selection of fabrication techniques
• Experience with MIG welding
• Experience working with pressure vessels or similar
• Flexible attitude
• Demonstrates active support and helps other members of the team
• Makes and communicates clear decisions
• Proactive and positive in approaching business needs
• Active participant in problem solving and generates ideas for improvement initiatives
• Willingness to engage with other departments
All Employees have the following responsibilities whereby they must:
• Take responsibility for aspects of Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) over which they have
• Gain and keep required Welding codes
• Understand information prescribed within Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS).
• Carry out welding tasks to required safety, quality and efficiency standards.
• Adhere to the Company’s OH&S requirements (defined in OH&S policy, risk assessments,
work instructions and through training, etc.).
• Take reasonable care for their own health and safety.
• Consider the safety of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
• Work in accordance with information and training provided.
• Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been
provided for health and safety reasons.
• Report any hazardous defects in plant and equipment, or shortcomings in the existing safety
arrangements, to a responsible person without delay.
• Not undertake any task for which authorisation and / or training has not been given.
• To promote and maintain a culture of continued Risk Assessments.
Please note this is for all levels within the Production Technician role, for individual grades please
refer to grading scheme.