about 1 month ago
12 Month Contract - Negotiable Day Rate
TXM are currently working with a leading name in Motorsport who are looking for a Test Software Systems Engineer to come in on a contract that will last at least until the end of 2021.
The successful Test Software Systems Engineer will have experience in the Motorsport or automotive industry and have a good understanding of AVL and National Systems to enhance automation..
You will have experience and knowledge of...
- Use your knowledge of AVL and National Instruments systems to enhance the automation of our test facilities in order to increase productivity and reduce human error.
- You will lead targeted improvement projects in order to increase capability of test bed simulation, systems control, data acquisition and data analysis.
- You will ensure that existing and new systems are properly supported including hardware, software, documentation and training
- You will own and lead the software update requirements across the test facilities
- You will configure and or customise the test automation systems in order to satisfy specific test requests.
- You will contribute to dyno and test rig failure analysis and assist in the development of robust solutions.
- You will assist in the design and implementation of new test rigs and equipment that requires instrumentation and control functionality.
- To make decisive judgements on time sensitive and critical operational solutions by collaborating with the wider test teams, stakeholders and external suppliers.
- To be the main point of contact for calibration requirements across all test beds.
- 5 years experience of configuring AVL Puma to the highest of levels
- A working experience of NI Labview
- CEA proven track record of working with engine testbeds and rigs
- Good first-principles understanding of mechanical and electrical (in particular control and simulation) systems
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you