£41434 per annum
7 months ago
Currently seeking a technician on a 12-month Fixed Term basis to join a growing rail business based in Birmingham. As a technician you will be working on a salary of £41434
As a technician you will carry out the maintenance, repair, overhaul, and modification of rolling stock trains to provide reliable and available units to operate the train service.
As a Technician your role will include various tasks such as:
- To attend to the servicing, maintenance, repair, overhaul, and modification of traction and rolling stock
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on rolling stock to laid down specifications
- To always ensure compliance with local, company and industry safety procedures and regulations including local operating and depot protection procedures. To where competent attend to In Service Failures and undertake the duties of Designated Person as required.
- Adhering to Stores Procedures when using material. and to ensure cost effective use of said materials to include use of any electronic Maintenance Management System
- To ride units in service to gain insight into unit condition as required or directed.
- Ensure compliance with processes and procedures in respect of the Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
An Ideal Candidate will have:
· Completed appropriate apprenticeship or hold relevant qualifications in electrical / mechanical engineering as specified by current company policy.
· Knowledge of rolling stock
· PTS / Designated Person Trained
· Power Plant equipment trained
· Some specific additional skills in this grade group i.e., Lathe Operator, Welder, Carriage repairer/painter
If you are a technician and looking for your next exciting opportunity, contact me now to discuss further.