Currently seeking Technicians on an 18-month Fixed Term basis to join a growing rail business based in Birmingham.
As a Technician you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a competitive base salary plus a shift allowance. You will also get company benefits such free rail travel and a company pension scheme.
As a Technician you will work independently or in a group in order to carry out the maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification of West Midlands Trains and contracted TOC’s rolling stock, whilst doing this to laid down specifications in order to provide reliable and available units to operate the train service of West Midlands Trains and its customers
As a Technician your role will include various tasks such as:
- To attend to the servicing, maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification of traction and rolling stock
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on rolling stock to laid down specifications.
- Adhering to Stores Procedures when using material. and to ensure cost effective use of said materials to include use of any electronic Maintenance Management System
- To ride units in service to gain insight into unit condition as required or directed.
- Completed appropriate apprenticeship or hold relevant qualifications in electrical / mechanical engineering as specified by current company policy.
- Road Vehicle driving licence and authority to drive Railway Service vehicles.
- Basic communication skills both written, oral and aural.
- Medical Fitness Levels apply to this Job as manual and physical dexterity are required
If you are a Technician and looking for your next exciting opportunity contact me now to discuss further.