Are you an expereinced HVAC engineer looking for the next step in your career? Or maybe you are already an Engineering Supervisor looking for a change in career?
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Supervisor who will be responsible for the day to day supervision of a five-man multi skilled engineering team. You will be required to work a Mon – Fri , 08:00 – 17:00 working pattern. This role will also include a required amount of weekend working and to be on a 24/7 call out rota. The call out required will be 1 full week in every 6 weeks.
- First line management/assist recruitment and maintain a team of 5 technicians
- Full understanding of statutory compliance requirements in a building fabric environment
- Carry out engineer’s appraisals with line manager support as required
- Deputise for Technical Services Manager (TSM) as required
- Obtain and assist team to obtain quotations for remedial works and small projects
- Ensure day to day management, inspection and quality of the PPM activities
- Assist Technical Services Manager with strategic planning of PPM activities
- Carry out regular analysis of current PPM regime across the portfolio to identify current trends & patterns to achieve effective & efficient delivery of engineering resource.
- Day to day management of the reactive helpdesk activities with the office team
- Day to day management and analysis of engineering team activity including management and allocation of PDAs, reporting of completed works through PDA use
- Completion and management of PPM based risk assessments
- Assisting the TSM with maintenance of the site based log book system with support from the site administrators
- Assisting the TSM to manage of SHEQ requirements including incident reporting, investigation and SPVs
- Delivery of TBTs and other training
- Be the Zero Harm Ambassador and help promote a culture of safety and DWB/near miss reporting
- Vetting RAMS and safe systems of work when supervising subcontractors
- Maintenance of the F-Gas register
- Completion of AP process within your qualified trade and ensure others complete the same
- Chasing progress updates on spares and other procured materials and equipment
- Form part of a full TFM account delivery and adopt a one team working approach with all other service streams
- Any other ad hoc tasks that are deemed necessary by the TSM and Account Manager for the service delivery of the account
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- A Time Served Heating/Refrigeration/Air Conditioning technician with NVQ/C&G formal qualifications
- Knowledge of Trend/Cylon BMS systems
- L8 Awareness trained
- Low/High Pressure Steam Systems (Desireable)
- Experience within the cleanroom/pharmaceutical environment
- HV networks experience (advantageous)
- Computer Literate (MS Word, Excel …)
- Hold valid IPAF or PASMA Certification/Licence (Desirable)
- General working knowledge of the majority of the following:
Fire alarm and sprinkler systems, AHUs, DX systems, Hot water heating, Cooling Towers, Shutters and doors, lifts and cranes, pressure systems and pumps, Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers, Lightning protection, Compressed Air, Expansion Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Leak Detection systems, Uninterrupted Power Supplies, bus bars, three phase and nitrogen plants.
If the above suits your previous expereince and you want to begin a rewarding career where personal development is encouraged and prompted then why not make an application today?