£45000 - £52000 per annum
about 2 months ago
As a Technical Service Engineer your usual work pattern covers Monday to Friday working, this may also include Saturday and Sunday working, as agreed with your manager. You are required to work 5 days per week out of 7 days per week, and 9 hours per day. The role is paying up to £52,000 per year dependant on experience.
The key role for the Technical Service Engineer is to conduct the required support for our customers and products at our client’s site & their customer locations. The Technical Service Engineer is a key role to ensure that our clients’ products and services are meeting their customers’ expectations throughout their life cycles.
Our client is looking for someone with systems and test experience on rolling stock who is willing to take the next step in their career.
As a Technical Service Engineer your role will include various tasks such as:
- Carry out appropriate modification programmes on Company products.
- Initial preparation of work (tools, parts etc.), day to day liaison with customers and keeping accurate, concise records of work completed.
- Working with the Project Management team on site or at depots to deliver projects within the budget and on time.
- Ensure that all drawings, tooling, fixtures, test equipment are fit for purpose & available prior to commencement of a job.
- Ensure that investigations and reports on failed / defective components are carried out in line with policies & procedures in a timely manner.
- First line dealing with complaints made by customers, stepping in and supporting as necessary. Escalating at the earliest opportunity as required
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with current and potential customers in such a manner as to maintain the reputation of the Company as a world class supplier of railway equipment and systems.
- Level 3 or equivalent in an engineering background
- Significant technical ability across multiple rolling stock sub-systems
- Significant in leading & coordinating teams across multiple locations and projects
- Ability to compile technical reports and customer focussed progress reports
- Valid Driving License
If you are a Technical Service Engineer and looking for your next exciting opportunity, contact me now to discuss further.