10 days ago
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
TXM are currently working with a leading Electric Vehicle Manufacturer with their engineering and R&D hub in the UK. The business are currently going through a period of rapid but focussed growth that will culminate in more vehicle lines.
The business are passionate about sustainability and wish to have a positive impact on the future of mobility. This Technical Buyer will be bought in on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and will have the opportunity to contribute to some of the most exciting projects in the Automotive industry.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the supply chain development and establishment of a a strong business case for composite natural fibre interiors within the context of sustainability.
- Strategically develop a Chinese supply base evaluation (financial, logistics, sustainability, D&D), with a robust sourcing strategy via market testing for the industrialisation of natural fibre composites.
- Collaborate closely with engineering.
- Prepare and manage the RFQ process, lead negotiations, potential supplier visits, supplier quality assessments, implementation of supplier agreements.
- Over 5 years of experience in material purchasing with the Automotive industry.
- Experience within interior functional teams would be very beneficial.
- Variety of experience with natural fibre materials, composites e.g carbon fibre.
- Good understanding of cost structures, supply chains, quality assessment, project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you If this role sounds like something you would be well suited to, apply today.