Excellent Salary + Great Company Benefits
25 days ago
As a Technical Buyer you will have extensive experience of working in a fast-faced manufacturing environment. You will be negotiating with suppliers and maintaining a good relationship throughout, engaging with stakeholders and effectively managing both external suppliers and internal customer relationships.
This is a technical procurement role with a strong focus on the outsourcing of the businesses composite manufacturing requirements and the procurement of composite raw materials, so a strong understanding of technical drawings and composite part manufacturing processes is essential
Key Accountabilities/Duties include:
- Purchasing components from our external supply chain demonstrating sound negotiation skills and financial awareness with a focus on right first time.
- Manage and maintain supply chain performance to ensure Cost, Quality, Delivery is achieved.
- Managing and working within the agreed budgets and adhering to the relevant purchasing, quality and finance procedures.
- Working with the Planning Team to ensure parts are delivered in line with the requirements of the programme and to the correct quality standard.
- Stakeholder engagement to effectively manage both external suppliers and internal customers while demonstrating effecting dispute resolution and conflict management.
- Proactively expediting all open purchase orders and updating SAP and stakeholders as necessary.
- Working collaboratively with design and the supply chain to reduce lead-times whenever possible.
- Actively promoting all purchasing & quality policies and procedures throughout the business.
Education and experience:
- You will have at least 3 years proven previous procurement experience working within a fast-changing engineering or manufacturing environment with the ability to understand and discuss detailed engineering drawings.
- F1, Automotive or Motorsports procurement experience is highly desirable.
- Procurement experience of Raw Materials and Composite / Mechanical Part manufacture is essential
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills are essential.
- CIPS qualifications would be advantageous but not essential..
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.