about 1 month ago
Negotiable Salary + Travel Benefits
TXM Recruit are currently working with a Formula 1 Team who are looking to bring in a Systems Engineer to join their race team. This is a vital role to the success of the team on the track and back at the factory.
The team are looking to continue their push up the grid and see this Systems Engineering role as incredibly important to this. The team are very well backed and part of a Multi billion pound brand that stretches across the globe. The role is a full time travelling role that will see you working trackside on all race and test events, heavily involved with the Race and Performance engineers as well as the drivers as you look to optimise all of the onboard systems during a race weekend.
The role comes with a very good benefits package including expenses and time in lieu for time at the track.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Have an excellent understanding of Data Acquisition Systems and able to use System Monitor to set up all on car systems associated with the SECU.
- Use ATLAS to ensure electronic boxes, networks and sensors are operating correctly and within their limits prior to and during sessions.
- Monitor and resolve electrical issues as they arise on the chassis. Generate and update fault reports as required and proactively investigate issues on and off car working closely with the Reliability Engineer.
- Work closely with the Control and Performance Engineers in setting up event parameters and performing chassis tests.
- Work closely with the Electricians and wider car crew to ensure all electrical components are allocated as per the build specification and available in readiness for car builds.
- Continuously monitor and help to improve on and off car installations, design standards and operational processes and procedures.
- Work closely with the Garage Tyre Technicians to ensure the TPMS sensors are correctly allocated and functioning throughout an event.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you