£42500 - £51000 per annum
13 days ago
We are looking for individuals from a rolling stock, REME and Aircraft (Avionics) background who holds advanced experience within the field of Electrical and Electronics.
With the introduction of new trains across the UK our client is actively seeking a number of Electrical/Electronic systems Technicians on a full-time basis.
Salary: £42,500 + 20% (£51,000 based on shifts)
Shifts: Mixture of Mornings, days and Nights 40 hours a week.
Qualification: Apprenticeship to minimum City and Guilds/ BTEC level with Mechanical / Electrical / electronic bias and NVQ level 5.
If you are successful you will join a new full time team based in Cardiff with flexiblitly in working across 2 locations. With a view of the training you will also have the potential of carrying out short training in Europe at one of their large manufacturing sites.
We will be looking for Apprentice trained level 3 trained as a minimum City and Guilds. Higher grade qualifications from a BTEC level with Mechanical / Electrical / electronic bias and NVQ level 5 as a preference.
Your responsibilities will range from:
- Line of route technicians find and fix faults, failures and actions of trains in service and advise further actions to be taken by depot production teams as required.
- Executing Unit and support system check-ups
- Performing functional system tests on mechanical, electrical, electronic and software systems and performing specific measurements as prescribed
- As a line of route technician you will undertaking Fault finding and the associated repair.
- Performs secondary checks of the work of colleagues.
- Answers Technical questions from colleagues and handles practical questions asked by the client
- Provides assistance and technical feedback to the any member of the management team as required
- Adheres to all the rules and regulations related to health and safety practices, environmental requirements and legislations, operational railway.
- The post holder determines the best possible order of tasks to be performed in consultation with the LOR Manager as well as how to work with the equipment available and the work instructions / maintenance list, based on knowledge and experience.
- Produce high quality reporting in relation to all in service failures and other defects, both at system level.
- Undertake and provide support across the business for all condition monitoring and manually monitored systems.
- Identify and manage personal effectiveness and development, both technical and non-technical
- Input into (SRMS) and other relevant reporting systems and documents the work orders as required, including the checking off of the maintenance list and the entering of hours worked and materials used. This includes working with tablets, smart phones and mobile applications
- Perform work in accordance with work instructions and Safety Procedures and contributing to create and/ or update these instructions
- Ensures that parts for overhaul, repair or research are delivered to the warehouse, and records this in the system
- Monitor unit/train performance and become involved in escalated repeat failures, to ensure prompt diagnosis and feedback on lessons learnt
- Investigates ideas for safety and performance modifications and component enhancements with support from the RAMS/Performance Engineer and depot production team members
- Responsible for working to amongst others EAW and HASAWA regulations
- Responsible for reporting defective plant and equipment in use
- Investigates and provides detailed reports on reliability and safety incidents, including testing and recovery of trains involved in incidents
- Maintains the correct paperwork or electronic input wherever required, e.g. also in the case of warranty claims and Post Incident investigations.
- The above description only serves as a characterisation of the activities, and is not an exhaustive list. The job holder is therefore expected to also perform all other relevant work they are asked to do, justified and within reason.
- Identify and enable effective cross team organization working relationships
- Demonstrates behaviour based values
- Mindful of the KPI Data to provide continual improvement and where appropriate, drive development of KPI's to take the business forward.
- Undertake and support any activity that capabilities and competencies permit.
- Targets to be achieved on a continual basis, fully analysed both positive and negative and actions put in place to share best practice and prevent generic reoccurrence.
If you hold most of the skills and experience and keen to develop your career further in a diverse and dynamic business please click apply for more details.