£45000 - £51000 per annum
13 days ago
The Electrical Systems Technician role will based on Depot in Norwich, working days Monday to Friday and has a salary of £45000 per annum, increasing to £51000 after a 6-month probation has been completed.
The Electrical Systems Technician role will involve specialist skills of a technical nature in several areas, including the train Safety Management System, high and low voltage systems, TCMS and diesel engine management systems.
These roles are open to ex-military and out of industry candidates.
Duties as an Electrical Systems Technicians will include:
- Fault diagnosis of failures, maintenance, and all manner of repairs.
- Provide technical know-how and know-why, rather than regular (preventive) maintenance.
- Preparation and installation of modifications to trains and / or trams in compliance with the appropriate guidelines and statutory provisions.
- Perform functional system tests on mechanical, electrical, electronic and software systems and performing specific measurements as required.
Requirements for Electrical Systems Technicians include:
- Served a recognised apprenticeship to minimum City and Guilds/ BTEC level with Mechanical / Electrical / electronic bias, HNC or HND.
- Knowledge and experience in modern technical systems and fault-finding techniques and the interaction between these, conducting and leading complex root cause investigations and reading electrical / mechanical schematics competently.
- Strong knowledge, experience and understanding of risk and safety in the workplace from a production perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team, going above and beyond were required.
- Experience of planning and scheduling work
- Good Level of IT skill including Microsoft Packages.
- Knowledge of maintenance activities with a large transport fleet (Desirable)
If you are an Electrical Systems Technicians and the above interests you then please click to apply.