Highways Structures Team Lead Engineer
Unique opportunity with an established, major engineering consultancy based in the UK that are rapidly expanding their teams following their continued success.
Based in their client’s Darlington office, the team are looking for a Civil Structures Engineer (Bridges) that has previous experience of working on highways structure maintenance schemes. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team Engineers, where you will collaboratively use your technical expertise to deliver the project to the highest standards.
As a Highways Design Team Lead You will be working in a client focused role on a new generation Design Support Contract with Highways England and you will need to develop and maintain a strong relationship with the client. You will be responsible to ensure portfolios of projects are delivered, cost-effective, technically sound design solutions are produced to programme and within budget checking for compliance with all relevant technical standards.
Work with the principal designer to lead highway structure designs
Ensures all aspects of the design are communicated between disciplines
Ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
Works to programme to deliver specified designs on time
Develop, and provide guidance to, less experienced staff
Check or approve designs, design reports and other technical documents
Check or approve design calculations
Liaise with Community partners to ensure solutions are developed suitable for buildability
Provide commercial information to principal designer and Commercial Manager for Work
Drive effective health and safety within the Design Team
Ensure innovation and best practice is highlighted and adopted where practicable.
To be considered for this role you must be
- Degree Level Qualification OR:
- Substantiation relevant experience
- CDM 2015
- Personal Highways Safety (PHS)
- CSCS / ECS (or equivalent)
- Environmental Awareness
- Use of relevant Technical Software
- Whole Life Design/Buildability
- Microsoft Project /Oracle Primavera P6
- All essential skills of a Senior Engineer, plus:
- Team management
- Knowledge of required standards within their discipline
- Technical report writing skills
- Experience within the highways sector
- Design Experience
- Strategic and technical leadership skills
- Communications skills
- Project co-ordination and management experience
- Pricing and cost estimation
- Experience with multi-discipline teams
- Collaborative mapping and planning skills
- Experience in stakeholder engagement
- Problem Solving/Innovation and Continual Improvement
- Design team management
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary projects
What will you get in return?
A competitive salary
32 days annual holidays (including bank holidays), with the option to buy more
Excellent career development opportunities, with access to internal and external training, which you will be encouraged and supported to take part in
My client is looking to interview in the next couple of weeks, so If you meet the requirements, please apply today to avoid missing out!
email@example.com - 07341736871