£42.50 - £48.50 per hour
16 days ago
6 Month Contract
You will be a key player in a small team with the chance to really have an impact on the delivery of railway products into the UK market.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the full life cycle of software development and have a track record of delivering all aspects of Software Engineering from concept to delivery.
What are my responsibilities?
- Scoping and Defining Product functionality and releases.
- Requirements analysis and specification of high level software design
- Software architecture / OO design
- Development and implementation of software products
- Deliver to required standards
- Take on agile roles with each assigned project
- Development testing at software and system levels.
- Delivery of high quality-safe software
- Requirements Analysis
- Design using UML
- Object Oriented coding
- Development of test plans and specifications
- Support of integration and system testing
- Visits to site to assist in testing and commissioning
- Accurate estimation of task
- Accurate and timely reporting of progress and issues
- Graduate in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject, although equivalent experience/education would also be considered
- Proficient in UML, OO, C++, C#
- Understanding of SOLID principles and common design patterns
- Experience of Unit Testing
- Experience of software engineering in a leading role
- Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Work in a team of engineers, or independently, as required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of good development standards and practices.
- At least 5 years’ experience of delivering systems in a controlled software environment.
- Good knowledge of configuration management and control practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Willingness to occasionally travel.
- Experience of developing Safety Critical Software
- Experience of Windows HMI development with WPF or similar technologies
- Experience of publish-and-subscribe messaging
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with Agile software development techniques (ideally Scrum).
- Proficient in using UML for software design
- Experience with DOORS, Polarion
- Railway Industry background (signalling & operations).
- Knowledge of CENELEC 50128 & 50129.
- Systems Engineering experience
- Knowledge of Source Control Systems
If you fit the requirements and would like some more details on the role then please click APPLY and we will be in touch shortly.