30 days ago
Formula 1 Permanent Full Time Role
TXM are currently working with a Formula 1 team who are going through a large period of expansion in the Vehicle Performance Group. They are currently looking for a Senior Performance & Simulation Engineer to join the team to help lead the development of future car performance.
In this role you will use your experience in simulation and analysis to develop the performance of future car form a Vehicle Dynamics perspective. This is a permanent and full time role, giving you the opportunity to join a team with a fantastic engineering philosophy and great culture.
- Propose and develop medium term solutions that address performance limitations of the current car and deliver lap time improvements.
- Actively support future car development using the appropriate simulation and analysis tools to aid the holistic performance development.
- Propose and develop new concepts that deliver performance differentiation from our competitors.
- Prototype those concepts in the existing simulation environment to carry out the necessary functionality and performance studies.
- Improve and develop methodologies to simulate vehicle performance for objective technical decision making.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the simulation tools to improve the team’s ability to develop vehicle performance.
- Contribute to the validation and correlation of the vehicle models to ensure validity of simulation results.
- Excellent academic background with a Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering Degree (preferably masters, 2:1 minimum grade) or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience with race car vehicle dynamics, suspension, tyres and aero, and analysis of both experimental and simulation data for objective technical decision making.
- Proven experience in modelling and simulation of race cars.
- Familiar with optimisation problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams, to ambitious deadlines, and under minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated and focused individual with excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Matlab is essential. Familiarity with Dymola is a bonus.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you If this role sounds like something you would be well suited to, apply today.