Role - SMT Inspector
Location - St Neots
Rate - competitive hourly rate
Contract - Temp to Perm
Shift - Working 38 hours week Monday – Thursday 7.30 – 4.00pm with 30 minute lunch break and Friday 7.30 – 1.30.
It is a full time temp position working at the St Neots with the potential to go perm after 12 weeks.
- Performs inspection of manufacturing goods during the manufacturing process.
- Conducts dimensional and electrical inspection of sub-assemblies or final systems assemblies.
- Interprets prints, manufacturing drawings, diagrams, wire cards and lists in approving or rejecting in-process or final assemblies.
- Operates in the SMT area.
- Provide 1st off inspection, direct batch inspection, sample inspection and process verification for the assembly of electronics both by machine and hand.
- A disciplined approach ensuring all assemblies are built to drawing and the required workmanship standards in an efficient and quality focused manner. Experience in direct inspection.
- Ensure all assembly work is undertaken to the appropriate build standard by reference to supplied build packs (BOMS and Drawings) ensuring relevant workmanship standard (IPC-610A or customer specified equivalent) are maintained.
- Ensure all production processes are followed at all times.
- Provide feedback to production operators of any identified issues or rework.
- Ensure any and all rework is completed to the required standard.
- Minimise rework by ensuring all operators are aware of any issues that arise during the production processes and help identify and feedback to supervisors where further training is required.
- Escalate any identified trends to engineering / QA and promote a strong ‘right first time’ policy.
- Carry out all other duties required in accordance with our production procedures, safe working practices whilst adhering and promoting our Quality System objectives.
- Electronics manufacturing background.
- Ideally inspection experience with reference to workmanship standards such as IPC61OA.
If you are interested in this position, please send CV to email@example.com or call 01908 228642
“TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.”