Skilled Electricians required for one of our key manufacturing clients based in Newport, Wales on a permanent basis.
We are currently working with one of the biggest growing manufactures within their industry based in Newport who are actively recruiting a number of skilled Electricians to join their manufacturing team.
As a skilled Electrician you will start on an attractive salary of £26,046 including 22 days holiday + bank holidays and additional discount benefits on passing your probation.
You will be based on days on a working week of 40 hours Monday to Friday. Your working hours will be 7:30 – 16:00pm. Option for overtime based on work load will be available as a permanent employee.
As a skilled Electrician you will be a key member of a team responsible for the wiring of looms, wiring up relays, switches and carrying out point to point testing. You will need to have in-depth knowledge of using and reading schematic drawings.
Additional duties will range from:
- Follows specifications and other appropriate instructions and/or procedures to accurately assemble components on the production line using a variety of tools and equipment. This will include, but is not limited to, mechanical assembly, electrical assembly, and fitting safety critical parts.
- Support quality, productivity and process improvement initiatives.
- Record and report faults to relevant areas of production.
- Perform work quality checks to ensure product meets quality and safety standards.
- Maintain a clean, well-organised safe work area which adheres to Company housekeeping processes.
- Maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and procedures.
- Carry out problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realising continuous improvement to products and processes.
- Undertake training relevant to the role and across teams to provide resource/skills and supports/ works in other areas as may be necessary.
- Adhere to all risk assessment and Health & Safety regulations.
- Ensure all records (manual and digital) are completed correctly and on time.
- Carry out routine daily maintenance and safety checks.
Skilled Electricians must hold an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in electrical or dual skilled electrical/ mechanical or within a related field. Ideally you will also hold a IOSH qualification or equivalent Health & Safety qualification and a current First Aid at Work qualification.
All candidates selected for interview will go through an assessment day at the client’s premises where they will carry out various activities and aptitude tests.
If you are keen in the above role and feel you hold the above skills and experience and looking to start a new long-term career, please click apply for more details.