3 months ago
Permanent - Formula 1
TXM Recruit are currently working with a leading Formula 1 team. We are working with the Performance Group in order to find a new Simulation Engineer to work on the performance development of both the short term and long term goals of the car.
This is a permanent role that will have a huge level of influence over how the team performs on track long term.
- Correlation of suspension and steering system models with experimental data (including full car and rigs)
- Support the car development program by
- Collecting requirements of the diverse performance simulation teams in terms of suspension/steering components
- Creating and organising the release schedule of the components into datasources
- Testing and validating the datasources before releasing to the simulation teams
- Collect the requirements for a new data system aimed at
- simplifying and speeding up the generation of datasources
- increasing flexibility while maintaining traceability of the data input to simulations
- Advice on the development of the new data system and validate it against the requirements and relevant use cases
- Excellent academic background with a Mechanical or Aerospace engineering degree (preferably masters, 2:1 minimum grade) or equivalent qualification
- Passionate about simulation and correlation between models and experimental data
- Experience with modelling and simulation of ground vehicles
- Familiar with the mechanics of suspension and steering systems
- Ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams, to ambitious deadlines, and under minimal supervision.
- Motivated and focused person with excellent communication skills.
- Attention to details and discipline of self-checking results
- Inclined at interpreting technical needs of others
If this role sounds like something you would be well suited to, apply today.