£32000 per annum, Benefits: Travel Pass
21 days ago
Here at TXM we are recruiting for a Rail Shunter working with a TOC.
We are looking for someone with a driving license and PTS card (Will be trained if you don’t have one in date) to come in and shunt the trains, couple and control movements in yards, depots and sidings. As well as uncouple, prepare and dispose of trains.
There is potential for growth within the business. If you have aspirations to be part of a great Train Operating Company on a fixed term contract with the view of a permanent role than take note of the information below!!
- Shift: No fixed shift pattern – Shifts will be Mornings, afternoons and Nights so flexibility is key.
- Ideally have flexibility to work at short notice.
- Need to be able to pass a drugs and alcohol test prior to starting.
- Training provided depending on experience.
- Location is Milton Keynes
- Salary: £32,000 base salary
- 6 month fixed term minimum contract with the view to go permanent.
- Train Pass with the TOC.
For this role the responsibilities
• Deliver the highest standards of professionalism, safety awareness and customer services, promoting the same levels for your team by your actions.
• At all times, be cognisant of and conversant with the duties of Operations Managers as prescribed in National and Company Standards, Policies and Procedures.
• Operate all equipment in accordance with rules and instructions.
• Undertake and record competence assessment of safety critical staff.
• Ensure the health, safety and your welfare of your colleagues is recognised and taken into consideration at all times.
• Support the Operations Standards Manager & Head of Operations in business activities.
• Maintain personal competencies as appropriate.
• Undertake team briefings and training as required
Full Driving License
Proven interpersonal skills and delivery through teams
Analytical and problem-solving skills
Valid PTS certificate