£52500 - £55000 per annum
25 days ago
You will based on a salary of £52000+ based on a 6 month probation and a salary of £55000+ on completion. You will receive 25 days holiday + 8 days ban holiday.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and driven individual that can work under pressure and drive a strong positive can do attitude across the team. The role itself is managing a team and understanding daily operations.
Our client is open to looking at all individuals who have worked across the Ex-Forces, Aircraft/Aviation, Engineering and Manufacturing industry with good transferrable skillsets.
WHAT: Lead and manage the production team, providing the business with the contractual levels of performance including but not limited to; Safety, Reliability, Train Presentation, Availability on a 24-7 basis
WHY: Support the business in ensuring trains are provided as and when necessary, at all times meeting all criteria in the areas of product and people safety, reliability, environment and train presentation (interior & exterior). Ensuring industry, engineering and production best practice and standards, and at least as a minimum the contract requirements
HOW: Provide robust leadership and management through a base professional production delivery know-how and competency, people and product safety culture, coupled with a continual improvement mind-set and client and end-user focused attitude
The post holder may be expected to work at any other location in the UK or Europe as may be required for training or carrying out duties, must be able to act independently and set their own priorities while contributing to the Company’s KPI’s and values.
· Support the Head of Production by leading and coordinating teams of technical staff (e.g. technicians, fitters and assistants) to deliver work on rolling stock
· Ensure all such activities are carried out with due regard to safety standards and performance targets
· Deliver on the job competency assessments, quality inspections, reporting procedures and liaison with necessary stakeholders
· Ensure that trains which go into service are safe, reliable and compliant with company procedures (e.g. VMI, VOI).
· Allocation of work to staff in accordance maintenance plans (including work arising and enhanced work as required)
· Carry out routine maintenance, overhaul, repair, fault-finding and technical investigations into recurring defects as required and directed.
· Carry out appropriate inspections/checks as required or directed, including completion of ‘in process evaluations’, ‘end product checks’ and general condition assessment, to ensure that work is done safely and to specification, to ensure a reliable and safe product.
· Ensure that all documentation (e.g. job cards, defects logs, component labels) associated with fleet maintenance and overhaul activities are completed by staff on the shift.
· Carry out safe system of work duties as required (e.g. Nominated Person, Designated Person) for movement of trains and protection of staff.
· Support the Head of Production as required in application of people management arrangements, including first level requirements of discipline, sickness and attendance monitoring procedures
· Ensure that staff undertaking work are competent to do so, in accordance with the competence management regime. Also support of staff to develop and maintain competence.
· Management of key safety accountabilities
· Knowledge of units
· Management experience / supervisor experience
· Understand diagrams
· Working as part of a management team
· Experience of continuous improvement
· Project management
· Proven experience in the introduction of new trains and warranty management
· Proven extensive experience in a large engineering environment with a focus on production, through-life support
· Knowledge of maintenance activities with a large multi-disciplined transport fleet.
· Experience in an operational transport and production environment
· Knowledge and experience in advanced Lean, Kaizen and 5S and other modern production techniques.
· Knowledge and experience in conducting and leading complex root cause investigations
· Strong knowledge, experience and understanding of risk and safety in the workplace, within a transport environment and from a production perspective
· Experience in managing a department, team and facility in a production/project setting
· Clear understanding of the principles of production techniques and process’s and the interaction between the functions across the business
· Proven experience of identifying, assessing and mitigating all manner of risks and documenting risk registers to demonstrate compliance and become the basis of safe systems of work.
· Formal education at least to HNC or equivalent standard in an appropriate subject matter
If you feel you hold the above skills and experience and keen to join a dynamic and forward thinking business please click apply for more details.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.