£50000 per annum
23 days ago
ABOUT THE ROLE
Control of costs, from procurement to Final Account for all aspects of cost. Administration of Sub-Contracts. Production of internal valuations. The Surveying Department in an Operating Division is responsible for monitoring and controlling expenditure on all the company’s developments by controlling the “cost of sales”, as well as ensuring that all Group Commercial policies and procedures are adhered to within the company. The job holder is responsible for Procurement, Payments, Valuations and administration of Health and Safety procedures.
1. PROCUREMENT With assistance from Commercial Manager prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Head of Construction. Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued. Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received. Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land acquisition pack. Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land acquisition pack. Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Head of Commercial for placing sub-contract order. For new contractors, ensure Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires are issued; analyse and action returned questionnaires. Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments. Ensure all health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order. Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing. Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team. Draft Customer Extras Sheet for Head of Commercial to agree with Sales Director. Price agreed customer extras list with final sub-contractors. Issue Customer Extras List at pre-start meeting.
2. PAYMENTS Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked. Prepare interim payments for approval by Commercial Manager / Head of Commercial. Draft budget estimate summary for approval by Commercial Manager / Head of Commercial. Issue contract-charges as appropriate. Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run. Highlight claims for additional works outside Budget Estimate Summary and report to Commercial Manager / Head of Commercial. Settle all Final Accounts expediently after works complete.
3. VALUATIONS Carry out monthly progress checklist on site for all relevant sites. Audit progress (input by Site Manager) on valuation system. Prepare sub-contract accruals. Produce Value/Cost Reconciliation (VCR). Carry out cost and value reconciliation on all items in VCR and agree final VCR with Commercial Manager / Head of Commercial. Prepare Cost Value Comparison (Profit & Loss) notes on VCR report. Report on VCR Site(s) at monthly CVC meetings.
4. OTHER Follow change control procedure. Issue Variation Orders as appropriate. Attend sites regularly and frequently to provide assistance and support to site staff. Ensure familiarity with their Group’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions. Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- Experience working within a Housebuilder or Residential sector
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field
- Ambitious and eager to progress into a commercial manager role
- Chartered or working towards - MRICS / MCIOB
If this suits your background and you are looking for a new challenge, APPLY NOW or contact Natalie Gomm on 07885669698 or email@example.com for a confidential chat.