Derby, United Kingdom
7 months ago
TXM Recruit are looking for an experienced Senior Project Engineer to join a worldwide company who offers a complete range of rolling stock engineering, maintenance and restoration services, RISAS approved bogie line, plus advanced track focused infrastructure services, rail grinding and innovative maintenance
The Senior Projects Engineer is responsible for leading a team of specialist engineers in interpreting customer specifications and the creation of cost estimates and schedules while providing all necessary support during the execution of projects.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Commercial and Operations to identify and agree delivery priorities for the team.
- Develop trainings and development plans for the team of enable delivery of future work bank.
- Develop cost, schedule and technical risk information for projects
- Interface with Supply Chain and others as required to ensure cross communication to support delivery of projects.
Engineering, Project Management, and Production Processes
- Lead the engineering evaluation of customer specifications including technical drawings and proposals. The evaluation to include bid/no bids, risk assessment, project cost and schedule.
- Lead the development of required documentation, manuals, modification procedures and technical information to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved in a cost effective manner and in accordance to customer specifications.
- Attend bid and workload planning meetings and identify and allocate internal and external resource as required to deliver production schedules.
- Lead the completion of post job summaries, lessons learned and investigations as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation workstreams to improve safety and quality and reduce cost and cycle time.
Approvals & Commissioning
- Lead the delivery of all required vehicle and system approvals to allow timely completion of projects.
- Manage the delivery of test and commissioning to required schedule.
- Provide build support, snagging and mobilisation issues as required.
- Assure compliance of all projects with internal and customer standards.
- 1 – 3 years of rolling stock experience
- 5+ years Mechanical/ Electrical Experience
- University Graduate in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Professional membership of relevant institute; IMechE, IET etc.
If you feel you have the relevant experience in rolling stock engineering and hold a graduate degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering please send your CV to Jorge.email@example.com