We require a Senior Materials Engineer/Metallurgist with detailed knowledge of Metal Alloys, Heat Treatment and Special Processes to join this world renowned Aerospace company . The successful candidate will have experience and in-depth knowledge of Aerospace metals, NADCAP and AMS2750
As the Senior Materials Engineer/Metallurgist you will provide and act a materials consultant to the organisation. As the Senior Materials Engineer, you will also be required to:
- Provide Heat Treatment and Special Process technical support.
- Provide technical support, advise, link into design, manufacturing, supply chain and wider group companies.
The Senior Materials Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Technical specialists in a heat treatment and specialist environment.
- Experience of chemical and metallurgy within Aerospace or similar environment.
- Provide solutions to related problems.
- Specify, modify and improve materials and processes.
- Ability to analyse and interpret engineering concepts with regards to the choice of metals and processes.
- Act as Materials Consultant on questions related to mechanical and physical properties, particularly metal alloys.
- Lead NADCAP and other 3rd party audit preparations and support REACh and other legal registration.
- Perform metallurgical failure and post-test analysis.
- Degree qualified in Metallurgy, Materials, Chemical Processing or equivalents.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Materials, Heat treatment metallurgy and special processing to develop your career.