£150000 per annum
4 months ago
Would you like to work for a world-class transportation leader, and would you also like to be considered as a global expert in your field?
TXM INC are currently partnered with a key client of ours within the railroad industry, who are currently looking for someone to join their global team as an experienced Senior Manager Mechanical Engineering – Car in Homewood, Illinois who will show their determination to progress and help their team bring value and success to the company.
If you are motivated by challenge, leadership and development and have the capability and skills to perform the tasks listed below, then this is the role for you:
Responsible for providing technical design for all car specifications, documentation and regulatory requirements. Work with internal and external partners to identify mechanical-related areas for improving reliability and developing program recommendations that support overall fleet program. Establishes strategies with Marketing and Operations teams that align car maintenance programs and reliability groups for all car types. Communicates technical details surrounding car engineering design and works closely with the Reliability team and (OEM).
Furthermore, the position is accountable for optimizing reliability of all freight cars operating on CN’s lines and ensuring alignment between the car reliability team and stakeholder groups. The role is responsible for the continuous improvement of car fleet health including component life, online failure and performance analysis, in addition to preventative maintenance strategies.
Car Specification Documentation and Roadmap – 50%
- Define, maintain and own CN’s car specifications with a key focus on safety, reliability, availability and dwell.
- Develop a fleet strategy that accounts for the necessary specifications and component design life for all cars in conjunction with the Mechanical Reliability team
- Work with Transportation and Safety leadership to account for crew requirements and identify changes needed to the car fleet to drive targeted improvements.
- Participate in the development of detailed specifications for all car and component purchases.
- Work with CN’s Financial Planning department on cost and benefit analyses and business cases to measure financial impacts of recommended car modifications and specifications.
- Work closely with the Mechanical Reliability team and Fleet Leaders to understand the current pain points affecting CN’s car fleet and collaborate with OEMs to improve components that are unable to meet specifications.
- Participate in discussions with boxcar vendors and other Class 1 railroads to identify and implement industry best practices.
- Support the Procurement and Supply Management team in negotiations with boxcar vendors.
- Influence the product roadmap of CN’s vendors to ensure that its future needs are considered when planning products.
- Represent CN on industry committees and at conferences while promoting its vision of and approach to boxcar design and reliability.
- Review and leverage data analysis to better understand how CN’s car fleet is used and maintained in conjunction with Mechanical Reliability team
- Use the insights gained through the data analysis to work with OEMs on designing longer lasting components.
- Support Mechanical leadership on maintenance and inspection work scopes, reliability and root cause analysis.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with established in depth knowledge of cars, car components, car design.
- Prior experience working with OEM’s around troubleshooting Car design, component flaws.
- Prior experience working with OEM’s on Car process/design improvement.
- First-hand knowledge of environmental and weather conditions on operational impact to Car performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred)
If this sounds like something you would be suitable for, please get in contact at: email@example.com