Senior EHS Manager
Excellent Salary + Bonus
Healthcare / Medical Devices
Would a rewarding management position, working at a strategic level to implement Environmental, Health & Safety best practice within an international high-tech business, excite you?
This healthcare company create, produce and market innovative solutions (equipment and services) for unmet medical conditions to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases on a worldwide scale.
Doing this in a responsible, sustainable and ethical manner underpins the company ethos and this is where you, as a Senior EHS (environmental, health & safety) professional will be key to future plans.
The Senior EHS & Risk Manager will be responsible for the defining, implementing and leading the EHS and Risk strategy for the UK and Irish business/sites, with the aim of safeguarding the organisation, its people, customers and the environment. You will be partnering with key stakeholders to ensure compliance to Health & Safety and environmental standards, advising on current and future requirements, local and global needs, legislation and internal directives.
Senior EHS & Risk Manager - responsibilities:
- Improve best practice and certification to ISO 14001, OHSAS 1800, and ISO 22301 Management Systems
- KPI reporting
- Internal and external audits and addressing findings
- Line Management of the EHS Manager
- It is key that you proactively engage and create ‘buy-in’ with all internal and external stakeholders to identify, communicate and deliver a successful EHS Strategy.
- Support bids and proposals, with the EHS input and perspectives.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A degree or equivalent level of education, in a science, engineering, or risk related subject
- A professional qualification in occupational safety, for e.g. NEBOSH diploma
- Substantial experience in a similar or related position
- Experience dealing with public authorities and managing crisis situations/disaster recovery
- Previous experience of influencing and implementing improvements / change management/ continuous improvement
- Successful manager of EHS project delivery teams gained in a UK commercial environment
- Experience of carrying out in-house training and preparing for audit
- Staff health surveys and conducting baseline assessment for occupational health risks
- Line management of a small SHE team
This company not only invests heavily into its R&D worldwide (nearly £500 million in the UK last year) – but equally it’s an award winning and recognised organisation, for its investment in its employees training & development in addition to excellent salaries & benefits.
Application deadline: 14th September 2018
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.