£30000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
A global pharmaceutical business is capitalising on some impressive project wins, and with that are investing significantly in their UK operation and more importantly their people – both current and new people joining the business.
It is not often you find a business of this size, stripping back and absolutely prioritising its people. After some self-reflection, this very well-known brand is leading the way in putting their people first. A truly refreshing approach in modern day stresses of working in the scientific world.
With this, the development chemistry department is looking for another head – only this role will be senior. The definition to them as senior, is someone who can come in and take full ownership of formulation projects, working through all the departments in manufacturing whilst also helping some of the less experienced team members. It could be possible this role even turns into department manager in the future.
Please continue to read for a snapshot of what to expect in this role:
What will you be doing?
- Measuring key API and formulation physicochemical data to support the development process and to identify the root cause of potential stability, manufacturing, and performance issues.
- Troubleshooting formulation issues that may occur during product development, validations, manufacturing processes, tech transfer/scale-up.
- Planning, developing, and implementing scientifically well-designed experimental programs and demonstrates creativity and capability in pharmaceutical research and development.
- Providing technical guidance in formulation development to less experienced colleagues.
- Accurately and contemporaneously recording experimental procedures, test results and observations, and reviews data to meet corporate, regulatory and GMP requirements.
- Managing working relationships through engagement with cross-functional and cross-site teams in the design and execution of studies e.g., technical services/manufacturing, clinical, regulatory, QA/QC etc
- Arranging and performing Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Performance Qualification (PQ) for equipment for which you will be responsible for.
- Managing relationships and output of internal and/or contract labs that may be carrying out various development activities on your behalf.
- A degree in science, chemistry, pharmaceutical or any other related topic
- Experience in formulation development within pharmaceuticals
- Strong communication skills – able to be concise with information
- PhD in relevant field
- Exposure working with regulatory bodies – FDA, EMA, VICH/ICH
Development chemist, research chemist, analytical chemist, manufacturing, drug manufacturing, dosage forms, tablet forming, soft gels, medicine