Senior Design Engineer
We are working with an international manufacturer of automotive components who supply into many of the world's leading brands in motorsport and automotive.
With a recently launched new Research and Development facility, they are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join their team and work on the design of interior systems (plastic parts). This Senior Design Engineer position will take a lead role in both the design of new products, as well as improving existing products and systems.
This Senior Design Engineer position will work within the 'Interior Systems' department, acting as a team leader of 4 Design Engineers for the design and development activities of plastic based components and systems- for instance designing interior trims and dashboards of vehicles.
Senior Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Complete design and development activities for the launch of new products, working in line with quality, cost and deadline objectives.
- Initiate and implement product improvement activities.
- Investigate and report on the best development technologies and trends.
Skills & Experience required:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Circa 5 years’ experience in interior parts design and development or other similar automotive plastic components
- Previous team leader or mentoring or project lead experience
- Have worked on engineering changes, using tools such as design review. Applying engineering tools and techniques such as FMEA.
- Effective communication with customers.
Salary and benefits:
- Excellent salary of £45,000-£48,500 depending on level of experience
- 39 hour week, Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance
- Company sick pay
- Free parking and other benefits to choose from.
If you have the required skills and experience, combined with the enthusiasm to work with a global company within new state of the art facilities- please feel free to contact James Powell at TXM Recruit.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.