10 days ago
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
TXM are currently working with a leading Electric Vehicle Manufacturer with their engineering and R&D hub in the UK. The business are currently going through a period of rapid but focussed growth that will culminate in more vehicle lines.
The business are passionate about sustainability and wish to have a positive impact on the future of mobility. This Senior Cost Engineer will be bought in on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and will have the opportunity to contribute to some of the most exciting projects in the Automotive industry.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Achieve Cost optimised design solutions and competitive cost through actively providing fact-based input and negotiation support to reach best price.
- Control tooling specification.
- Provide Cost Estimates.
- Perform tasks in line with CE guidelines to maintain quality and transparency.
- Evaluate concept cost in design competition phase to support R&D and purchaser to make commercial judgement.
- Lead cost estimations for body structure, chassis and electrical propulsion components.
- At least 5 years of experience in cost estimation, manufacture, tooling or production.
- Previous experience working for an Automotive OEM, tier 1 supplier or tooling company.
- Good Knowledge of production, material and manufacture process.
- Good knowledge of stamping, machning, casting, forming, welding, surface treatment, injection moulding, assembly etc.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you If this role sounds like something you would be well suited to, apply today.