£50000 - £55000 per annum
13 days ago
You will be part of a global team that will greatly contribute to define innovative ways to product development and efficiency in delivery across product cycle, covering a large range of mobility solutions. You will play a key role in ensuring that the objectives in terms of cost and lead time reduction are successfully met in every project. You will be one of the main drivers in building a culture oriented on value optimisation and continuous improvement across the entire organisation.
- Plan and construct cost / price estimates of various parts, assemblies and systems in support to Procurement and Engineering organisations.
- Understand technology, manufacturing process, and supply chain cost drivers.
- Perform cost driver, breakdown, and benchmark analyses, by analysing product requirements and specifications with Engineering.
- Structure large sets of data in a format that is easy to leverage.
- Participate to supplier visits, identify cost reduction potential from a design, manufacturing, supply chain point of view, make recommendations.
- Collect high amount of data to perform should costing analyses at part and assembly levels
- Adopt a Total Cost of Ownership approach while estimating the cost of parts and assemblies, including cost of manufacturing, supplier supply chain, transportation, taxation, mark ups, over consumption, risks, manufacturing inefficiencies, etc.
- Analyse and quantify economic implications of client requirements onto the design and manufacturability of some parts and assemblies.
- Participate to multi-functional workshops, particularly with Engineering and Methods, aiming at identifying cost reduction initiatives, through Design to Cost, Design to Manufacturing and Design to Value.
- Prepare negotiation dossiers with the Procurement organisation, and prepare business cases.
- Analyse complex systems from CAD, prototypes and on the shop floor.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a Costing function, preferably within the transportation industry
- Track record of successful benchmark, or should cost induced negotiations, and/or supply cost improvement initiatives
- Abilities to challenge the status quo, at fast pace
- Abilities to work across functions, and in teams
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Strong organization skills
- Continuous improvement and performance oriented
- Willingness to travel for business purposes.
For more information contact Ben Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org