Senior Civil Design Engineer
Unique opportunity with an established, major engineering consultancy based in the UK that are rapidly expanding their teams following their continued success.
Based in their client’s Birmingham office, the team are looking for a Senior Civil Design Engineer that has previous experience of working on the design of civil infrastructure, track, rail systems and electrification upgrading schemes. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers, where you will collaboratively use your technical expertise to deliver the project to the highest standards.
As the Senior Civil Design Engineer, you will
- Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required.
- Provide guidance for less experienced staff and assist in professional development and training.
- Maintain good relationships with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the client.
- Develop feasibility studies, outline and detailed designs in accordance with the client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective, buildable solutions, especially for complex projects.
- Have extensive knowledge in relevant railway groups and company standards, GRIP process, British Standards and Eurocodes, as well as relevant statutory processes.
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications, contract documentation and project reports complying with current standards.
- Enter detailed technical discussions with approval authorities, consenting bodies, clients, contractors, third parties and other stakeholder groups, especially for complex projects.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Undertake wide range of work on all aspects of the railway if the railway civil engineering infrastructure that fall within competence, including but not limited to, platforms, lineside equipment bases and structures, footbridges, over and under-bridges, building etc.
To be considered for the role of Senior Civil Design Engineer you must have
- A degree in civil engineering, proven experience within a consultancy, and be chartered via ICE or ISructE
- Significant experience in fulfilling the role of Contractor’s Responsible Engineer or ability to fulfil the role if required.
- Strong knowledge of draughting and BIM software and steelwork and reinforced concrete detailing.
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite including Skype, Yammer and Share point, and relevant engineering software packages.
- Excellent experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management.
- Good communication skills dealing with Clients, Contractors, project partners, supply chain, colleagues etc.
- Client focused approach to service delivery and project deadlines.
What will you get in return?
- A competitive salary
- 32 days annual holidays (including bank holidays), with the option to buy more
- Excellent career development opportunities, with access to internal and external training, which you will be encouraged and supported to take part in
- Flexible working
My client is looking to interview in the next couple of weeks, so If you meet the requirements, please apply today to avoid missing out!