£55000 per annum
11 days ago
In a permanent role we are looking for a Senior Certification Engineer to independently plan, co-ordinate and carry out advanced/complex assessments of highways products and systems. You will be managing several projects where you will be expected to conduct client meetings independently, prepare contract offers and estimates for the assessment of various types of highways products and systems. Main Duties/Responsibilities
- Contract Preparation and Planning Duties
- Prepare/review (of other colleagues) contract offers for assessments, ensuring that they are proportionate and realistic for the work to be done and that they are delivered within agreed timescales.
- Plan allocated assessments and produce, maintain and update detailed work programmes.
- Draft Certificates and Reports, seek and take due regard of comments thereon and arrange production of documents for publication.
- Review the reports and draft certificates prepared by junior colleagues and provide guidance to them on how to best carry out such work.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the construction industry and BBA experience.
- Minimum HNC/HND or equivalent within a relevant technical discipline such as natural/material science.
- Degree in relevant subject.
- Membership of a relevant technical/professional body such as IOM3 or member of Highways Institution/Asphalt Technology.
- Good knowledge of Construction products and systems specific to Highways.
- Building Regulations and relevant standards.