Senior Buyer required!
Role- Senior Buyer
Shift- Days 08:30-17:00- Flexibility is key
A rapidly growing aerospace company, supplying top quality products within the aerospace, motorsport, and defence industries is looking for a senior buyer to help support the growth of business and to help manage the procurement team.
The senior buyer will be an enthusiastic team player with the ability to work under their own initiatives. They will also have commercial acumen and all around purchasing knowledge and functionalities.
In return you will get
- Great office environment with a friendly team.
- progression with support and training
- 25 days paid holiday
- Excellent salary package between £35,000 and £40,000.
- Healthcare scheme
Key skills & Responsibilities
- Interrogate the ERP system to determine material requirements through the Purchase Proposal Tool(PPT)
- Order daily ad hoc parts based on customer requirements
- Identify ad hoc and strategic opportunities for cost savings – internal and external. E.g. process improvements, logistics, overhead reduction, sourcing/re-sourcing, batch sizes, Inventory value and turn, etc.
- Obtain quotations for parts where the existing quotation have expired, review select the preferred supplier and add all the quotes received to the ERP system
- Management of Supplier Reject material log & Raise Return Material Authorisation (RMA’s)
- Support with collation of sourcing activity for large contracts and sales enquiries through bid management tools
- Raise and manage works orders for both internal processes as well as sub-contractors
- Work with suppliers to improve delivery performance and escalate supplier delivery or quality issues to the Procurement Manager.
- Senior Buyer – provide leadership to the team and direct support to the Procurement Manager. Help to identify and lead lean activity.
If you are interested in this position and have the relevant experience please call Ami Taylor on 01908 228690 or email a CV to email@example.com