about 1 month ago
The Software Engineer will be expected to undertake requirements analysis, architecting and design of the work in a core team of software engineers in a dynamic development environment providing high value early lifecycle development capability for both safety-critical and safety-related software developments. The focus of the team will be on producing software solutions, performing all parts of the development lifecycle. The team will use a mix of traditional and agile techniques to manage risk and ensure on-time delivery of quality software.
The Software Engineer provides a technical role responsible for requirements analysis, software architecture, design, code, and test, and problem analysis on high-value safety-critical and safety-related projects.
- Outside IR35
- Competitive Pay Rate
- Requirements analysis and specification of high level software design
- Development and implementation of software design
- Code and test of embedded systems
- Requirements Analysis
- Design using structured techniques
- Development of test specifications
- Support of integration and system testing
- Visits to site to assist in testing and commissioning
- Report on progress as required
- Graduate in a relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject, although equivalent experience would also be considered
- Proficient in SQL, C# & UML
- Previous engineering experience
- Experience in development of software
- Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Demonstrable knowledge of good development standards and practices as applicable to engineering disciplines, with at least 5 years’ experience of delivering systems in a controlled software environment.
- Good knowledge of configuration management and control practices
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Knowledge, particularly experience of developing Safety Critical Software up to SIL2 level.
- Familiarity with Agile software development techniques (ideally Scrum).
- Proficient in using UML for software design
- Experience with DOORS
- Experience with UML tools i.e. Artisan or Enterprise Architect
- Railway Industry background. Knowledge of CENELEC 50128.
- Systems Engineering experience
- Knowledge of .NET
- Experience in development of embedded software
- Knowledge of cloud computing (Amazon Web Services)
- Knowledge of Source control tools - Git, Synergy
If you are interested in the role and would like some more details then please get in touch with Charlie Webster at TXM Recruit