Quality Technician, Staffordshire, £25,000 - £30,000
We are a global, industry leading food manufacturer, enjoying significant growth across many areas of the business. Operating in 70 countries worldwide, a group turnover of over £15 billion and employing more than 130,000 staff, we can offer long term career prospects only few businesses can compete with.
The role of Quality Technician is a new post within our nutrition division which focuses on providing the best quality food to our customers. Reporting into the Quality Manager, you will join a team of three with the purpose of proactively supporting and providing excellence in nutritional and technical support ensuring the needs of customers are met and in line with our role as a leading and innovative business.
- Analysis and release of incoming raw materials
- Analysis of raw material, in process and finished goods samples in accordance with process verification schedules
- Reporting and follow up of out of specification results
- Collating and analysis of quality data on raw material performance
- Analysis of external results and data
- Control of non-conforming products / substandard raw materials
- Factory standards auditing
- Investigation and reporting on quality failures
- Supporting the operations function in addressing non-conformances and failures
- New raw material assessments
To be successful as Quality Technician you will have the following:
- Proven track record working in a food / laboratory / agriculture environment
- Background within quality, technical, operations
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills
- High level ability working with Microsoft Office and other IT based auditing tools
- Valid driving licence
- Analysis / testing experience
In return, you will be rewarded with a basic salary comparable to your level of experience. You will receive ongoing training and be provided with the tools necessary to progress your career with a global, industry leading business. With new sites being built there are always going to be opportunities to develop and progress in a direction that matches your skills and aspirations.