Aylesbury, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
This precision engineering company based in Aylesbury, specialising in machined parts for the aerospace, motor sport and the oil and gas industries are looking for Quality Inspectors due to continued growth.
Working in a team of 5 quality inspectors in a fast paced inspection lab you will carry out inspection of precision machined parts using various equipment. As the a quality inspector, you will be dealing with first off, patrol checking and final inspections duties as well as completing FAIR's and ISIR reporting. You will be expected to take part in corrective actions to ensure conformity with customer requirements and be the interface with customers as needed.
As part of the inspection team you will be responsible for:
- Inspecting and validating customer parts within the inspection lab
- Being fully conversant in first principles inspection methods
- Using inspection equipment and tools including CMM, Wenzel gear checking and Zeiss (although full training will be given on specific machinery)
- Supporting the quality manager in his daily activity.
- Auditing the department in line with audit processes.(training can be provided)
- Assisting and implementing CI and lean activities within the quality inspection department 5S
- Completing ISIR, First and final inspection and FAIR’s.
- Completing PPS & 8D investigations, reporting and feeding back to customers
- Assisting in maintaining calibration system
- Attending quality meetings
You must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Quality inspector and demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks and manage in a fast-paced environment. It is essential that you are able to demonstrate experience of inspection methods, coordinate measuring machines and test equipment NDT, processes and heat treating. You will have a working knowledge of applicable manufacturing and quality requirements including ISO 9001 and AS 9100. You must be well versed in the use of blueprint reading, geometric tolerances, and application of SPC to the manufacturing process.
this role has strong opportunity for progression, so if you are a Quality Inspector who is hungry to grow and progress within a developing business - this is the job for you! Click apply and we will be in touch to discuss.