£45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Roles & Responsibilities:
- In support of Engineering Change or the development of new product, Engineer to be well versed in the Design Review process, understanding the objective in full; Preliminary Design Review, Interim Design Review and Final Design Review, where design freeze is declared prior to production manufacture.
- Good understanding of drawing principles (convention, symbols, geometrical tolerancing)
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks
- Proficient in the creation of Bills of Materials, understanding the importance associated with accuracy and compliance with specification.
- Creation of procedures, reports in the required format to a good standard.
- To manage change using the engineering change process, ensuring change is adequately assessed and risk mitigated, ensuring the finished product or process is better or equal to existing.
- To design, detail, develop and manage the overall product and process from concept to full production using the engineering change and design review process as required.
- To provide all supporting documentation for new designs or existing products from concept through to full production, supporting purchase specifications, Bills of Materials, type testing, design scrutiny, assembly/build, final test and sign-off.
- Presentations of any such investigation work to external and internal customers.
- Design / process cost reductions and efficiency gains, to be resourceful and reduce cost and impact on the environment. Adopting techniques such as lean manufacturing.
- Product / process innovation.
- Support product / process training as required.
- Previous rail industry experience is essential
- Ability to travel within the UK and Internationally
- Door System experience is essential
- HNC / HND qualified
- Experienced using CAD /Solidworks
- Effective communicating skills
If you are interested in the role and would like some additional information please click 'APPLY' and we will be in touch!