Hull, United Kingdom
9 days ago
TXM Recruit are working with an exciting an innovative TOC to recruit a Project Manager who has experience of rail operations and timetable planning during blockades and to ensure the company is still able to operate as effectively throughout the enhancement projects at a major UK rail station.
• Short term strategic timetable planning,
• Timetable planning, ensuring FHT train paths are protected
• Current operations, and the FHT relationship with the Control function
• Resourcing, so that the operational plan meets the need of the base train plan
• Relationship management with Network Rail and; Performance management,
• Responsible for the coordination and control of Kings Cross Remodelling projects, implementation and execution when appropriate.
• Development of project controls & governance, including RAID logs and project plans
• Working with Managers to develop project plans and track activities ensuring projects deliver to agreed timescales
Knowledge and skills needed
• An in-depth knowledge of railway operations
• An in-depth knowledge of train crew terms and conditions
• A detailed understanding of Network Rail planning processes
• Detailed knowledge of schedule 8
• An ability to positively influence and develop relationships with key Network Rail contacts
• An appropriate degree or relevant work based experience
• Good communication and motivational skills to engage with all levels of staff
• An energetic and enthusiastic approach to problem solving and team leadership across a broad range of topics
• Demonstrable experience in driving cultural change in a highly-regulated industry
• Maintaining financial controls & tracking spend to ensure projects deliver to agreed budgets, highlighting any deviations
• Responsible for maintaining and managing pipeline governance to ensure full tracking of the active programme
• Responsible for managing projects through the governance process, ensuring appropriate governance is followed
• Develop reporting to allow full programme visibility and analysis
• Responsible for co-ordinating projects that fit the strategic objectives for the remodelling programme
• Financial and commercial understanding, with a key focus on tracking progress and cost lines.
• Establishing and maintaining key relationships with both internal project managers and stakeholders to facilitate active governance and control of projects
• Reporting on and measurement of the success of projects and work streams and analyse the impact of these on the business key metrics
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.
For more information contact Ben Anderson on email@example.com